10.22.2007

a thanksgiving party

I'm having one on November 18th for the student organization of which I am a member.

So I thought: What makes a good one?

1. A list of colorful names on the guest list, which are fun to see and equally fun to say:
April, a whole month of sweet things.
Heather, a field of grayish-purple flowers.
Brad, an ingenious tool for holding things together.
...and many other beautiful ones who I hope will attend.

2. Extra tables set up in my kitchen because there are too many to fit elsewhere.

3. A non-traditional Thanksgiving menu with no turkey in sight:
Two soups: Chili and Potato
Homemade (by me) sourdough bread, perhaps
Cheese/Rotel dip with hot sausage (in a crock pot, naturally)
Veggie/cheese platter of some sort
...and perhaps a couple things brought by friends.
*and I haven't decided on dessert yet.

4. Some good music on in the background.

5. A clean house (that'll be the hardest part).

6. Maybe some games after we eat.


I'm excited and this is only the first of many lists, I'm sure, since I'm so fond of list-making.


*Written on 10/23/2006

No comments: